Monday, July 6, 2009

The Truth Shall Set You Free

It's 1:06am, and I'm home alone which feels weird because I've been around people constantly for the past three days. Funny thing is that I realized something about myself. I don't like being alone at all, but I'm used to a packed house, and I miss it. I set some personal and career goals for myself, and I refuse to let anyone or anything get in my way. That is what focus is. I met a woman with LA times on Thursday before my trip. She gave me some really good advice then a light bulb went off in my head. She said, "Let God handle it......everything that will be...will be." And, she's right. As long as I strive to be the best person that I can be everything will fall into place for me, and I know and believe that. The hardest thing for me is reacting positively to negativity, but it's something I am going to work diligently to conquer for ME. In the past, I asked my Grandma, "Why do I have to always be the bigger person?" It gets frustrating because I played the role my entire life. "Don't I have the right to get pissed off and upset?", I thought to myself. She said because, "You are the better person." I didn't understand what she meant then, but I do now. Some of my reactions would not make her proud at all, but it's not too late to revert back to the old Nickie. Luckily certain people love me unconditionally despite my mistakes and poor decisions which is a blessing. Good night everyone, and have a happy, productive week. You and me, we create our own happiness never give anyone power to take that away from you.

No comments: