Monday, August 4, 2008

Burning the Midnight Oil

It is almost 4 a.m., and I am still up which is most likely due to the fact that I took at least two naps on Sunday.

This weekend was pretty chill. I completely forgot what I did on Friday, but Saturday was pretty eventful.

This Saturday was DJ homework night. I hit up three different spots in the City. I checked out the Highline Bar which was packed. DJ Shadow Red was killing it. Then I went to see DJ Syn City at Spotlight Live. I also realized that Patron, Long Island Iced Tea, and vegetarian Halal Food do not mix.

I ran into Thomas Jones of the Jets last night. He hosted the Ghost Ball last year and he agreed to do it again. His presence will definitely bring the ladies out because I have a male following.

This week, my manager and I are launching our event planning website. In addition, I have squared away all the projects that I will be working on which includes my TV show, my music and TV production company, my event planning business, a digital distribution company, a venture that will change the environment, and of course, DJing.

I am able to accomplish all of my goals because I have a great team. Everyone on my team is book smart and street smart. I have realized that I have no tolerance for people who I have to hold their hand. I don't have time for it. Use your brain and get it together. When I decide to mentor someone that is when I will hold hands. As I get older, I realize the importance of analytical skills and reasoning.

My thirst for learning is at it's all time high. I have someone in my life that really encourages and accents my personality. I have started to review Spanish everyday because I am losing it and complete exercises to increase my vocabulary. There is this great book called "Word Smart Made Easy" and once you finish it you will understand the meaning of every word.

This week's Street Soldiers was about "snitches." I had a really hard time booking snitches for the show, ironically. Next week's show is about the string of rapes in Queens. If anyone knows a rape counselor or a rape victim, please let me know.

Well, I guess I should go to bed now. I was supposed to go to a seminar about air rights in the morning, but I don't think I can make this one.

Tomorrow, I have a few meetings and need to wrap the event planning website. Of course, I have to hit the gym. I am definitely seeing results because I changed my diet-that is the only way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Girl!! You better Work! I'm inspired by all that you're doing here. (Brushing up your spanish?! Jeez! Impressive Nickiee...verrry impressive).
Glad to read you're taking some much needed rest in upcoming days though. Work hard. Play hard. Keep up the great work!