Friday, July 11, 2008

DC Bound

It's Friday morning, and I feel good. I have to catch a plane to Washington, D.C. in a few. While I have some time off, I thought I should go visit my family.

Family is truly important. When I was younger, I definitely feel like I took my family for granted. But as my mother and grandparents are aging, I realize that they are not going to be here for forever.

Four years ago, I made a decision to go to New York to pursue my goals, leaving my family behind. Moving forward, I have to make an effort to visit my family at least four times a year.

My grandparents were so excited to see me. One of them said that, "She was in her glory with me by her side." This trip made me want to work harder. I can't wait for the day when I can spoil those who have helped me be who I am today.

No comments: