Thursday, May 29, 2008

Day 4/Day 5

It's Thursday. I wanted to write yesterday but my day was hectic.

Wednesday

I got up at 6:30am, ran 4 miles collectively. I live on the Westside of Manhattan so I literally ran to my gym which is approximately two miles away, lifted weights, and then ran back home. This routine is no joke. And, to be honest, I'm pissed off at myself that I even allowed myself to get out of shape to the point where I have to work this hard. I was cursing myself out on the way back from the gym.

Last night, I attended the Ryan Leslie event. The usual suspects were there. I spotted Damion Dash and Sylvia Rhone just to name a few. DJ Mos was on the 1's and 2's, he's actually a really dope DJ. I stayed at this event all but for 30 minutes and then I went some to get rest.

Thursday

I slept in this morning. My body was aching. I tend to overdue things. The last time, I put myself on a exercise routine, I was doing a football workout. After which, I got a horrible cold in the middle of summer. Today, I am going to hit the gym, but will be taking a couple days off from running.

This afternoon, I was a guest on WVKR FM with DJ Tek-Wun. I did a little 12 minute mix. Thanks, DJ Tek-Wun.

Tonight, my little sister is coming in town from Chicago. Tamika is the polar opposite of me with dredlocks, and she is a vegan. She plays the cello, and will be performing with a band in the city. She has to be one of the dopest celloists in the country. Can you believe that she has played with Tony Bennett? I am so proud of her.

Before she arrives, I have to do two mixes and I have a meeting with my new digital PR team. I can't wait to get some more work done. Being a DJ is more than just turntables-you have to be business savvy too, and I know this factor will separate me from other DJs. There is a DJ that I helped in Los Angeles, he was so grateful that he send me a Fire Lite drive with thousands of songs.

No comments: